Presale questions - 360˚support

So, I’m not a user of TouchDesigner (yet), as I just got referred to it.

I’m looking for a solution to manipulate a live 4K 360˚video stream.
The pre-stitched video to work with is an equirectangular format (3840x1920) straight out of our 360˚camera, offered via HDMI. To output should be a regular 2D full HD (1920x1080) video feed, also via HDMI.

We want to control in real time the viewpoint of this 360/equirectangular video: going from a flat 2D zoomed in view to a little planet projection. 2D = frontal view of a concert stage, little planet = projection of the entire equirectangular.

Here’s an example of the type of animation/transformation:
instagram.com/p/BQ07FjNhOMq/

Is this possible at all with TouchDesigner?
Want kind of programming is involved?
Can we have presets for the 2D view / littleplanet view / animation between the two?

And what kind of hardware is recommended (PC/Mac/ in/out card?)

Hey, thanks for your interest in TouchDesigner. For these particular needs you would need to write your own GLSL shader to do the projections. We currently don’t have a shader that converts to little world projection built-in. We can do the 2D easily by mapping the equirectangular projection onto a sphere and rendering that from a camera.
However the blend between the two would require the 2D projection to also be manually be done in a GLSL shader so you blend the coordinates.

We do offer Pro support hours as part of our Pro licenses. With those hours you could have us write these shaders for you, or integrate this functionality directly into a native node.

For HDMI you’ll likely want to use AJA or Blackmagic capture and output cards. We’d recommend a PC for this too.

Thanks and let us know if you have any other questions.