Muse neural interface

Hello everyone!
Is there a way to connect a neural interface to a touchdesigner without hard coding? I have seen a case with Emotive interface connection to TD, so i wonder if there is any way to use what is already made to connect a Muse interface? May be they could have any similarity?

No there isn’t any built-in operators for those devices but with they use industry protocols for data communication like TCP/IP, UDP, UDT, OSC, etc, then its very easy to setup.

I have a Muse EEG headset. Unfortunately they neglected to mention their software is inoperable with the new (2016) version…so I have got the Muse Monitor app, which displays the data and should be able to stream it. It can’t see TD OSC In though (as far as I can see) . I do have Touch OSC talking to TD with no probs.

Any Muse users out there who have have luck getting OSC into TD?

Thanks,

Hi all,

For some reason it worked when I had more sensors selected on the Muse monitor app. Strange, but the OSC is registering now with TD.

Cheers,

Hi. Has anyone figured this out?

Yup - Muse Monitor App . - sends to TD via OSC.

Its $20 or so on the app store

Cheers

Hi, thanks for this info. but as it is an android app, how did you connect it to your pc / TD?

thanks for your help, cheers!

I have it on iPhone - I connect via Bluetooth to the OSC Chop. Look in settings and set them up to connect to the OSC - not at my computer at the moment but I will send more specific directions if you need. Jud

1 Like

thanks mate. I will try and let you know, if I d need more info. greetz