Experimental Build 2018.21670 posted

Re installing multi-builds on Windows:

“After installing every build I copy the install directory over to the appropriate desktop folder.”

You can do it simpler - Where the install happens in Program Files, just rename the folder TouchDesigner099 to something else like TouchDesigner099Experimental and make a desktop link to the .exe in it. Then install some other build.

Awesome, cornerpin sop! Question: What’s the reason for making it a palette component rather than a real SOP?

[size=150]Build 2017.37900 posted[/size]

Download

A new build of experimental is ready! There has been a focus on bug fixes this last month, so check the exhaustive list of bug fixes and general improvements in the Release Notes.

The following are new feature to check out

• Scrollbars have been added to all panel components that have a Children page of parameters.
  • The Movie Out TOP now supports HAP and HAP with Alpha encoding.
  • Support for Ximea cameras.
  • Window COMP improvements for working with multiple monitors and DPI scaling.
  • Performance Monitor now logs extension execution times.
  • A bunch of new Python members and methods.

Give this build a try and report any issues. Thanks!

:open_mouth: SCROLL BARS! :open_mouth:

Performance monitor, my best friend these days.

Are scroll bars still a thing? :laughing:

Hi Ben,

How about support of AUDIO in NDI Sources and Destinations? Is it in the roadmap?

Really waiting for this feature, I can see in the forums that many users have requested for this feature.

Cheers,

Jackson

@jacksonm It is in the roadmap, but not started yet. We’ll take a look at it soon and let you know.

A new Experimental build full of bug fixes and optimizations! Please try your projects on this build and report your findings.

Download

Release Notes

We also added support for serial-based Hokuyo laser sensors in the new Hokuyo CHOP. Please give it a test run!

For GLSL programmers, we added support for #include statements on GPUs/Drivers whose GLSL compiler support it. Node paths can be used directly, including relative paths. This was direct fallout of some excellent and inspiring work presented at the TouchDesigner Berlin Summit at the beginning of the month.
Here’s a video of that talk - GLSL Fluids for Great Shader Success

Neat:)

Why the sudden dip in revision numbers?

maybe it’s the 2018 prefix?

Yes, we reset build numbers with the switch to 2018. Since we roll through numbers so quickly we never want to be talking about 10k series from 2017 and 10k series from 2018, that could quickly become confusing. So odd numbered years will be 10k, 30k, 50k… even numbered years will be 20k, 40k, 60k

Welcome to 2018 :wink:

Is there a missing word here?

BACKWARDS COMPABITIBILITY WARNING - Now Python None object to string casts to instead of ‘None’ within parameter evaluation for operator parameters only. Will work with list objects as well.

Casts to ____?

Casts to “empty strings”

really hope soon the hokuyo chop will support the model using network like ust-10lx not only serial :slight_smile:

@3EYESnuts We would need a loaner laser sensor to make that happen…

Another week, another Experimental build! We are focusing efforts on squashing all bugs you report to get this branch production ready. Please give experimental a try and report any issues you encounter.

We have added support for the new D400 series RealSense cameras to the RealSense TOP. This required supporting Intel’s new librealsense library which also brings cross-platform support so you can use it with macOS 10.13+. Unfortunately the RealSense CHOP does not get an update as this Intel library does not support those features.

We have also gone through a long list of DMX bugs and enhancements.The DMX In CHOP now handles DMX start codes and a number of multicast issues and general bugs have been solved.

The Audio Render CHOP also now has a ‘distance_attenuation’ channel when used with an Info CHOP, and a number of Palette components were also updated. See the release notes for all the details.

Download

Release Notes

Enjoy your weekend!

The Video Device In is working with my D435, but the RealSenseTOP causes a light-grey freeze in TD.

The Video Device In says the Device is “Intel(R) RealSense™ 430 with RGB Module RGB”. Anything I can do to help debug?

I’m still waiting for my D435 to arrive. I’ve only been able to test with the D415 so far. Sorry about that.

Also we have discovered there is a bug in the librealsense library on macOS computers that causes a crash as soon as you try to change a setting. It is a known issue mentioned in the github repo for this librealsense library, we’ll have to wait for a fix on that.