099 Experimental Beta 2017.6800 posted

We’ve been busy squashing a lot bugs but there are also some cool new features to check out in this build.

Ableton Link CHOP uses Ableton’s new Link technology to sync timing up with your Ableton session. We have more upcoming tools planned that take advantage of this new feature.

You can now customize the file extension of any DAT on the common page. This will allow you to use appropriate syntax highlighting in external editors (python vs glsl for example).

Release Notes

Download

[size=50]codename:happyvalley[/size]

Ableton Link is a very cool addon guys - thanks so much! Also very happy with the glsl extension to please my fav code editor.

Great additions, thanks so much, this will make some things easier!

One trivial but annoying thing was indeed having to manually switch extensions in Sublime while coding interchangeably GLSL or Python, so this is a relief :smiley:

Thanks for the feedback! Its always good to hear what features people really appreciate, which ones help and which ones you don’t like so much.

Forgot to add another change to the release notes that got into this build. “Adaptive Homing” for 3D viewers is now turned on by default (new nodes and projects will have it “on”). You can control this setting on a per viewer basis (right-click menu in the active 3D viewer) or globally in the Geometry tab of the Preferences dialog.

+1 for file extensions! Big tings for the workflow ergonomics. Thanks!

Ableton Link could be a gamechanger for us ableton ↔ visual/lighting nerds. Looking forward to trying it out! (And I can cross off pulling in the Link library as a C++ Chop off my todo list :laughing: )