099 crashing on startup

Hi,
I just installed the most recent TD 099, 2017.2820. It crashes on startup, not even getting to a splash screen. Win 7, geforce GTX670. The version of 099 I had running before (sorry. I don’t know which one that was…) was running fine.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Any .dmp files created?

Nope, sorry.
After this, I tried to roll back to other versions.
I’ve quite randomly picket two other versions of 099:
2017.1900 and 2016.4500.
The 2017 one would cause a different error: “Natnet.lib(or Netnat.lib, sorry :stuck_out_tongue:) is missing on this system. Try to reinstall the program to resolve the problem”. Sorry, this is from memory, so I can’t remember the name of that .lib file.
I of course tried reinstalling without success. Anyway, after some back and forth I got the 2016 version up and running again.

Ugh we really don’t want you using a 2016 version of 099, so many fixes every week. Please let us assist you in getting the lastest build going. Have you tried a full uninstall from Control Panel → Programs and Features? This is a good way to do it when going backwards in builds, but you should be able to simply use the installer going forwards.

What Nvidia graphics driver version are you using?

Are you trying to open a specific .toe file or just an empty-default session?

Can you try starting with all extra devices/USB disconnected (other than mouse and keyboard).

Hi Ben!
Thanks a lot for your assistance!
I know you guys are developing fast and I’d like to join the ride :slight_smile:
My layman guess: it’s the graphics drivers. I haven’t had a look at them for a while and that machine is not connected to the internet.

Defaul session. I haven’t tried to open a crashAutosave.toe though, maybe that would work.

There was nothing connected!

I will trie to have a look at the drivers first and I’ll let you know how things go. Thanks again!

Hm, there is a new driver available, but geforce experience crashes when trying to update…
Thanks anayway!