"Comp" folder

It seems as though Touch created this “Comp” folder on my desktop that contains assets for all my various projects. Is there a way to change where this lives? Also, it seems like there’s two ways of storing projects’ assets: either in this comp folder or in a special project folder, depending upon whether you “Create new project” or just “Save” a project. Also, when I “Create New Project” on an existing saved project, it messes up all the references to the projects assets and the resulting project doesn’t work anymore when it’s reopened.

This is created by the FBX importer. It’s referred to by the variable $COMP, which you can see in the File parameter for the File SOP and File CHOPs that the importer creates. You can see a description of $COMP in: (its not as simple as most variables).

derivative.ca/wiki/index.php … _Variables

This is another thing that is changing when FBX importer updates, as currently all of your paths break when you rename/move/copy a COMP.
For now if you are creating a new project in a new directory, just copy Comp into that directory and things should work.

Got it. Thanks for the help.