Full screen, borderless render?

This is probably a really simplistic question, but how do I render something full screen without any window borders. Let’s say I have a container of 3D geometry. How do I make that full screen?
Thanks,
Michael

If you drop down a Container COMP and right click on it you’ll see a option ‘Open Control Panel… Borderless’ . It’ll bring up a borderless window that renders the container (press esc over this window to close it). To make it always full screen you can use $XRES and $YRES as the Width and Height of the container.

You can use the Background TOP parameter on the container to use a TOP as what it displays. If you want to display geometry here, use a Render TOP to render the geometry and then set the Render TOP as the Background TOP parameter in the container.

Thanks for your reply. For some reason that doesn’t always work. It worked fine on a container that contained only a moviein, but I couldn’t get it to work on a geometry COMP.
Thanks,
Michael

There are two different types of COMPs, Panel COMPs and Object COMPs. You can see the color difference between the two categeories in the OP create menu.
Panel COMPs are used to build UIs and display things in a window. Container COMPs and Button COMPs are some examples of these. Object COMPs are things like Geometry, Null, Bone etc that have to do with geometry and transformations. You can view geometry in their viewers, but they don’t have the ability to open a window. They are used to set up skeletons, transform geometry and apply materials to the geometry. You render Object COMPs in a Render TOP.

The reason they are both COMPs is because they can both hold networks of other nodes inside them.