Middle Mouse on macOS workarounds?

Hi are there any workaround shortcuts to replace the middle mouse button functions in TouchDesigner? For example I can’t zoom in on geometry at all, once the view is zoomed all the way out there’s no way of going back in unless I restart the project.

Also for things like middle clicking number entry boxes to scale 3 different fields up at once. I have to manually type the same number into each box.

Are there any plans to have some sort of modifier key to replace the middle mouse?

For the value ladder you can hold down the left mouse button for a little longer and the ladder will come up.

1 Like

Some other things to help when you’re stuck on a trackpad without a mouse handy

• Ctrl+/- Windows and Cmd+/- macOS let you zoom the network in and out
  • node info pop-up can be accessed from the “i” in the parameter dialog for the node
  • hold+LMB for value ladder (as Malcolm mentioned)
  • “Use alt+RMB alternative for MMB” preference will be available in 099 builds after 2016.5580

Carabinier works well too:

tokeru.com/cgwiki/index.php? … use_button

I’ve been to a shop to buy a 35$ 3 button wireless mouse and all is working well…
I think its difficult to avoid it if you work with 3D software who use the third button extensively.

How about zooming in on the geometry view? super noob question!

Get the latest build, open Preferences, on General page turn on “Use alt+Right-Click alternative for Middle-Click”

1 Like