dmx controll

Hi All,

im a little stuck here. id like to have a container be controlled by dmx. ive built a working circuit but cant figure something out. I would like to do 2 things. when i run a container through a replicator id like it to map to the next set of open channels with a pre defined block. second id like to be able to set the starting Channel. any Ideas? just trying to take out some of the long tedious work of manually entering every channel in each container. so essentially id like each container to be a fixture on my board.

Edit:

I tried using me.parent().digits +3 but all that did was give me was “1+3=4” and i would like to to be “1 2 3 4” in my select top.

also cant figure out how to have it reference the mast used start channel so that my 2nd panel does not start on the second address of panel 1

Sorry, I’m on a job site so I can’t write a lengthy explanation, but check this file out, the notes in it should help guide you to understanding everything. The whole thing is built around a Python expression that generates a new pattern matching string that we use in a select chop, you can apply these same principles to most setups. Breaking the math out into separate ops should make it clear to see, and also reduces the cook times because once the offsets and such are calculated once, they dont need to get calculated again.

Let me know if you have anything you’re unclear about.
channel selection.toe (6.82 KB)