cinema 4d . cloners and deformers

Hey thanks for checking this post out

does anyone know how to import cloners and/or deformer or moraph objects made from cinema 4d → Touch Designer?

Please help. Trying to figure this out.

Anyone ideas?

is anyone out there? maybe you can help? this keeps happening to me… I’m dragging in a .fbx file and nothing shows up in viewer.

is there something I’m doing wrong?

it will show up if i just have objects but once I ad deformers it disappears in the viewers…

is there something I’m not doing or should be doing ?

please help if you can

I don’t work with Cinema, so I don’t have much to offer here.

Can you post an image of what you’re trying to achieve? Or some sample files? It can be hard to help with these kinds of problems purely abstractly.

ok. doing it now.

The fbx only handles pretty basic stuff. It can’t handle non-baked in effects like the c4d mograph stuff or many of the maya deformers. If you bake everything after your have the mograph effects, it should import ok, I believe they call it “make object”? My c4d terminology isn’t up to snuff.

If you need animations, last time I did it, I ended up exporting every frame of the animation as a separate fbx, imported them all, converted each frame to a chop full of data, deleted all of the geometry entirely, then blended between the “frames” of chop data and then used a CHOP to SOP to impose the update point positions on the first frame of the model.

It’s been a little while since I’ve imported C4D mograph content into Touch, but elburz is correct. You’ll need to bake any mograph content in order to use it in Touch. Make sure you bake any animations as well, and if you’d like objects to show up separately in Touch, you’ll need to assign them each unique materials in C4D.

Hope this helps!

found this: I’m going to try it out today and let you guys know if it works

lesterbanks.com/2014/12/natively … lications/

Thanks !

brb

Been a while since the original thread but I’ve come across the same problem and found this solution working very well

lesterbanks.com/2015/03/bake-mo … g-xpresso/

This way I can get Voronoi Fracture animated with all sorts of effectors nicely into TD, hope it’ll help others in this situation!