Is there a way to completely minimize the touch window?

Hi,

I would like to keep touch in perform mode but I want to be able to minimize (completely) the touch UI. Is there a python command to completely hide the touch window (and then one to maximize it again)?

Hmm, first thing to consider is that “perform mode” is when you only have your output available and you stop rendering the network editor. So in your case you’re actually still using the network editor, and have a window open.

You can try to have a button that creates a floating editor pane that you can then close:
derivative.ca/wiki088/index. … anes_Class

Good points. However this is so apps can be running in the foreground and then touch could “popup” or pop in front of the other applications (then be minimized later)

Are your apps going to be communicating with Touch? I wonder if you can just open and close your window comp? I’m not aware of any way to minimize TouchDesigner via scripting…

No, this is for a display where there is a browser open most of the time, but every once in a while I want touch to open and take priority (be in front of) the browser.

Surprisingly I havent found a good way to do this. I can’t set the window size to 0x0, and re sizing the window doesn’t really work because of the artifacts it leaves.

Any other ideas would be awesome.

Hmm, does the user need to interact with the browser? Wonder if it make sense to actually render whatever you had in your browser in VVVV, then Spout the texture over to TouchDesigner and have TouchDesigner always in front, but displaying the web browser content. Is that a possibility?

Not exactly.

To complicate things further, the browser is running as a touch screen so this is all even more tricky.

Thanks for all the ideas though.

Might just have to automate some window swapping scripts on a timer?. I’ve never tried it so I can’t vouch for it. On stack, they say theres 3 ways, using win32 api, or Swapy (which seems like an easier way to work it), or Pywinauto.

stackoverflow.com/questions/2090 … activation

Worst case scenario you could trigger an Alt+tab from TouchDesigner, haha.

I think I found a solution with the ctypes Python module.

It would be kind of nice to have this as a feature in touch, although apparently it rarely gets asked for.

How did you manage to do this? I’m now looking into the same thing and am already using ctypes. I just don’t know how I keep my window active, but not visible. Help would be much appreciated!