Launchpad LED Feedback - Help needed

Hi everybody, this is my first post in this forum, I usually try to dig the whole internet before asking questions about what causes me issues.

But this time, this is quite huge, cause everywhere I look, it seems that I can’t find any explanation about creating a midi out that controls the novation Launchpad LED feedback. I have a huge lack of knowledge in DAT nodes ( in fact I never used one ), that’s why when I opened the file in this topic [url]novation zero sl mkii MIDI Mapper .tox - Shared .tox Components - TouchDesigner forum I had a difficult time to understand the way it works. In fact, I still don’t. :confused:

I know how to light the LED ( sending in velocity from 0 to 127 ), but I don’t know how to select a button and assign this velocity value.

I know I can use automap to rename the buttons, but even in this case I don’t understand how to send the velocity to the new name I just choosed.

Any help is welcome, and if I manage to make it work, I’ll try to upload my .tox component for everybody to try.

Thanks,
Pipo.

One uses the pitch for selecting the led.(or for some of the buttons the CC#)
You can also use the Midi Out CHOP.
Search online for the “launchpad programmers reference”.

I did use the Midi Out CHOP, but i don’t know how to fill its parameters to assign it to a particular button. And I don’t know how to send the velocity value.

Hey Pipo - here’s a tox I made a few months ago when I wanted to use my Launchpad in a show.

No guarantees that it works for you, but it’s set up with a table to store the ‘resting state’ lights so you can configure any pattern you want, and I send a light to each button when you press it in order to give some feedback. It may be a good starting point for you.
mmmLaunchpad_v1.tox (374 KB)

Thanks Momo!

just grabbed a launchpad mini and this is a great starting point!

Hi everybody, I need help LaunchPad mini midi in not send signal.
does anyone know configuration midi for Launchpad mini
I found a link viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4955
This project for launchpad S does not work with Launchpad mini :frowning:

I posted a preset loader and modified momos patch for my mini here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19875