Launchpad LED Feedback - Help needed

Hi everybody, this is my first post in this forum, I usually try to dig the whole internet before asking questions about what causes me issues.

But this time, this is quite huge, cause everywhere I look, it seems that I canā€™t find any explanation about creating a midi out that controls the novation Launchpad LED feedback. I have a huge lack of knowledge in DAT nodes ( in fact I never used one ), thatā€™s why when I opened the file in this topic [url]novation zero sl mkii MIDI Mapper .tox - Shared .tox Components - TouchDesigner forum I had a difficult time to understand the way it works. In fact, I still donā€™t. :confused:

I know how to light the LED ( sending in velocity from 0 to 127 ), but I donā€™t know how to select a button and assign this velocity value.

I know I can use automap to rename the buttons, but even in this case I donā€™t understand how to send the velocity to the new name I just choosed.

Any help is welcome, and if I manage to make it work, Iā€™ll try to upload my .tox component for everybody to try.

Thanks,
Pipo.

One uses the pitch for selecting the led.(or for some of the buttons the CC#)
You can also use the Midi Out CHOP.
Search online for the ā€œlaunchpad programmers referenceā€.

I did use the Midi Out CHOP, but i donā€™t know how to fill its parameters to assign it to a particular button. And I donā€™t know how to send the velocity value.

Hey Pipo - hereā€™s a tox I made a few months ago when I wanted to use my Launchpad in a show.

No guarantees that it works for you, but itā€™s set up with a table to store the ā€˜resting stateā€™ lights so you can configure any pattern you want, and I send a light to each button when you press it in order to give some feedback. It may be a good starting point for you.
mmmLaunchpad_v1.tox (374 KB)

Thanks Momo!

just grabbed a launchpad mini and this is a great starting point!

Hi everybody, I need help LaunchPad mini midi in not send signal.
does anyone know configuration midi for Launchpad mini
I found a link viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4955
This project for launchpad S does not work with Launchpad mini :frowning:

I posted a preset loader and modified momos patch for my mini here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19875