Laptop Scroll Zoom in/out

TouchDesigner runs like a champ on my new OriginPC, but I can’t seem to Zoom in and out via two-finger scrolling on the laptop trackpad like I could on my Macbook, although two finger scrolling works in other applications fine. Anyone encounter this before and know a quick fix? The machine uses a Synaptics Pointing Device for the trackpad.

Thanks!

1 Like

What action is that bound to in the Synaptics configuration tools?

I couldn’t find a specific binding option when looking through the Synaptics properties. The options relating to scrolling are:

-Scrolls item under pointer vs scroll selected item
-A few options for One finger scrolling along the side of the trackpad

• Enabling/Disabling vertical or horizontal 2 finger scrolling.

I’ve tried changing a bunch of the options to see if one of the more advanced settings like pinch zoom or anything was getting in the way, but no success.

I’m about to install a driver update I found for the synaptics drivers, will report shortly.

Just installed latest driver update with no luck.

Any ideas?

Been doing some reading, I think basically the issue is how Synaptics driver handles scrolling. It seems like it does something aside from just sending the wheel messages, which has caused issues for people using it with other software as well (firefox and some others). I also read it might be a GTK+ thing, not sure if any of that is involved with TouchDesigner.

There was some suggestions to turn off the cursor when it scrolls (link below), which apparently fixed it for Firefox but after doing that, I didn’t get any results in TouchDesigner.

Any thoughts?

blog.alexou.net/2010/07/scrollin … cs-driver/

Awesome, just solved the issue. Found a 3rd party made program that just handles two finger scrolling called TwoFingerScroll.

All you have to do is download the newest version (in this case 1.0.9) from this forum (as the official developer stopped supporting it after 1.0.6, install it, then disable Two Finger scrolling in the Synaptics settings.

Off to the races.

forum.tabletpcreview.com/hp-touc … -more.html