viewport + wireframe in operate

this is kinda a dumb question, but i can’t remember how to bring up the viewport in operate mode and if there is a quick-key to view my geometry in wireframe i can’t seem to find it.

two more dumb and unrelated noob questions, how do you preserve the aspect ration when you are viewing your scene in a TOP viewer pane, if you’ve split the panes, and what is the easy one click way to break the patchcords (or noodles or whatever touch calls them) connecting between COMPs, is there some way just to select them? it should be obvious to me but it isn’t so may be this is a UI usability issue.

Hey,

to view something in wire frame mode, hold down the space bar and hit “w”.

To have the aspect ratio fixed go to the Common parameter page of the TOP you are displaying and set Fill Viewer to “Fit Best”.

To disconnect 2 nodes click on the input of the wired up node and then click somewhere on the Pane. If there are more nodes connected to the same input (like merge CHOP) you can always use the “Input OP” list in the parameters of this node to remove a connection.

cheers
markus

thanks markus, that helps…
nothing like trial and error to get to know a software package.
helps to have a lot of time on your hands too.
(oh and i figured out how to bring up the viewport too. you get it by clicking “p” twice in operate mode… that’s funny cause “p” once is parameters, odd UI design if you ask me)
while i’m on that, i have a quick question about the common parameters page, why might a null that i’ve created at the end of render network (in this case after an over TOP) have all the fields on its common parameter page greyed out?
marc

Nodes like Null Select and Switch and just instances of their inputs, you can’t change any parameters on them because they don’t actually own the image, their inputs do. Thats why those parameters are greyed out.

got it

I was unaware that it did that, that is a bug, not a feature! Thx for pointing it out.