Override keyboard shortcut?

I know this is covered in the Wiki, but I can’t seem to figure out where to put the file in Windows 7… basically, I want the “b” key to stop bypassing OPs… I have a presentation remote that I’m trying to use with Touch (it only puts out page up and page down, which aren’t supported by the keyboard CHOP and the letter “b”, which wrecks havoc on my network).
-michael

Hi

In order to override the application interface shortcuts (as opposed to the custom panel shortcuts), the file should be placed in:

$USERPATH/touch/TouchShortcuts.txt

To determine the value of USERPATH, in the textport: echo $USERPATH

On my machine this resolves to:

C:/Documents and Settings/Rob/Derivative/TouchDesigner077/touch/TouchShortcuts.txt

Start with a copy of the original located in the installation folder.
On my machine, its located at:

C:/Program Files/Derivative/TouchDesignerPro.077/Touch/config/TouchShortcuts.txt

Alternatively, as a bit of a hack, you could run an Execute DAT on start, that locks /sys/local/app_shortcuts and deletes the specific row.
The benefit of this approach is that it would only change the shortcuts for that one toe file.

Cheers,
Rob.

Hi,
I’m trying to override some shortcuts but my computer (windows 10) won’t allow me to change the file. It says I need administrator permission? Is there something i can do to change keyboard shortcuts?

best,

that sounds like a permissions issue if you’re trying to change the external
C:/Users/~user~/AppData/Local/Derivative/TouchDesigner099/TouchShortcuts.txt file, but the way I do this nowadays is with a start script that replaces the ‘default_shortcuts’ tableDAT at /sys/local on start. This localizes my changes to specific projects

that sounds perfect. how do i do that?