Motion tracking

Hi All,

I’m a real green hoorn with Touch Designer, but I’m impressed and excited by all the possibilities I begin to see because of the great Tutorials on wiki and Topics on this forum!!
I’'m currently working on a video screen which w’re going to use in combination with 3d mapping.
For a next step we would like to include motion tracking, and I was wondering if they way I’m thinking is in the good direction.
First: attach infrared LED to vertices, Use Kantan mapper to map the surfaces. Use a infrared camera to pick up the LED, Top:blobtrack, Extract the X,Y position of the various LED’s, Use this to be able to track the surfaces on the video screen. (in short:P)
Is it possible to link these surface that are created with Kantan mapper to a vj program like Resolume/Module 8?

Thanks in advance!!

Ridder

You can feed any video you like into TouchDesigner, so if you can get your Resolume/Modul8 output into TouchDesigner through a capture card or something else then you can easily map it onto any surface you make in Kantan Mapper.

Thanks for your reply! Funny thing, this week i worked with epiphan vga grabber at my internship:)
Keep you posted on the progress.