in the very beggining : (

Hi Touchdesigners!!

i´m a very beggining touchdesigner user, and i´m wondering where is the relationship between OpenGL and touchdesigner. I mean, i think TD is in someway programmed with OpenGL, am i right? so if i want to customize some “actors” in TD i have to do it through OpenGl right?
is there some more important things i should know before going across it???

thaanks people!!!

Touch does do all of it’s rendering using OpenGL. However in general you do not need to do any OpenGL programming to use Touch. You can do custom shaders using GLSL, but all of the OpenGL calls are done for you and hidden by the OPs.

What do you mean by ‘actors’ exactly? If you can give an outline of what you are trying to do I can help point you in the right direction.

Hi Malcom, thanks por your answer :wink:
With actors i mean ecah element you can use in order to make a complete TD sequence.
i would like to know the degree of customization of TD.
And what should i do if i want to customize some elements.

thanks a lot!!!

The level of customization possible with Touch is extreamly high. Most OPs are simply tools that you can use to do something, but what that something is depends on what you want to do.

If you want to change the way something looks or behaves, just change the paramters or insert more/less OPs into the chain.
I think if you spend some time looking at the tutorials and trying it out you’ll get what I mean.

Thanks malcom : )