OSC send command without arguments?

Hi, I’m a beginner in Touch Designer and OSC, I hope my question isn’t too stupid…

I try using a UDP Out DAT + an Execute DAT to send OSC messages to renoise (a tracker software). This works fine for ‘commands’ with arguments e.g. triggering a note:

send -s ? /renoise/trigger/note_on /project1/udpout1 0 0 60 30

Now where I’m stuck is when there are no arguments. In order to start play in renoise, there’s the OSC address /renoise/transport/start without arguments.
So I think I need something like this:

send -s /renoise/transport/start /project1/udpout1

Renoise just silently ignores whatever is generated by this send command, I guess I’m doing it wrong?

Off the top of my head I know that -s will expect something for it to work correctly, so put -s ? even though you arn’t specifying any arguments. Let me know if that works.

It’s also possible the command avoids sending if it has no arguments, which is something i’ll look into soon and fix, if that’s the case.

Thanks for the quick answer. I tried it with a question mark, without success. I also tried sending it with a fake argument, like this

send -s ? /renoise/transport/start /project1/udpout1 1

having sort of a boolean true in mind. This gave me an error message in renoise, complaining about too many arguments. (so it recognizes /renoise/transport/start)

Hi you’re right. We’ve now changed the command to support 0 arguments.
You’ll still have to suppy a dummy type tag.
The syntax would be:

send -s ? /renoise/transport/start /project1/udpout

Please look for it in an upcoming build.

Cheers
Rob.

Now that’s cool, thanks! :thumbsup: