FTE commercial question

Can i move FTE commercial version between pc’s like a free version? or there are some restrictions like the number of pc’s or something else?

You can disable your FTE/Pro license on one machine which will free it up to create a key for a different machine.

Is it as easy and quick?

Can i, for example, deactivate license at the office, and activate it at home, and reactivate it at my office if i’ll return to it in a few hours?

In the license manager you can disable the key, go home and create/install a new one. When you are done disable it at home and create/install a new key for your office.
You can’t re-use old keys, you need to create a new one each time.

Is there some limitation in how many times i can activate/deactivate the license or how many pc’s can be used for this process?

There shouldn’t be. Everytime you disable a license through the license
manager, your account re-acquires a credit that can be used to create another license.
Cheers.

I see,

What do you mean “credit”?

Sorry, by credit I just mean licence.

Thanks, i have one more question before buying comercial version. Do i need to pay for major updates?

All upgrades for 077 are free as we post bug fixes and feature updates to the website periodically.

I see,

what does it mean “077” by the way? :wink:

077 is our current major version of TouchDesigner.
The build number is currently around 11200
That is, the lastest experimental version of TouchDesigner is 077.11200 or later.

Hope that helps
Rob.

Any guess at when the next major update will be?

I’m guessing that if Sheff buys FTE commercial a few weeks before this happens, you’ll still upgrade him, right?

rod.

I hope so Rodberry:)

Thanks, I’ve bought one commercial version.

How to deactivate the license correctly to activate it at home machine?

And one question about commercial features, where can i read about using this:

• Create H.264 movies (realtime via GPU)
  • Transferable Keys (computer-to-computer)

Hello Malcom

The ilok USB key (ilok.com/) is a very good (and very affordable) solution to manage licence.
It works with Max/Jitter and it is very handy to jump on a different computer without the need to install / uninstall the licence.
Can it be possible with TD in a near future.

Thanks

Xavier

Ya this is a possibility at some point, likely not soon though. We won’t be changing our licensing for 077 since we are working towards an official/feature freeze. We’ll look into solution like this for future versions though.