animation comp- keyframe chop-timeslice

hello

i am trying to access the complete set of keyframe data, instead of a keyframe channel’s value per frame.

using a wave chop as an example, i can adjust the start, end and sample rate properties under “channel” to create as many or few iterations of the data as i need.

i think what i am trying to do is “turn off” timeslicing for the keyframe chop, in order to create a static “snapshot” or standing wave. i can do this with a wave or noise chop, but the idea is to create a very precise plotted graph using keyframes, that i can then apply to instanced geometry.

any thoughts?

g

In the Keyframe CHOP there is an option to Output Full Range.
You may need to disconnect the input from the Keyframe CHOP to get it to work (bug).

Oh sorry you’ll also need to turn off “Use input if Channels available”, another bug with the output.

hey

steve showed me a good method- create a new keyframe chop, then drop your animation comp in the keyframe chop’s “keyframe component” property. then change play mode to “output range” (of the new keyframe chop). bang- now you got your regular keyframe animating as well as a static “snapshot” of the range.

thanks!

g

The next experimental build fixes the issue where you have to disconnect the input in order to view the full range.

Just logged in to ask this same question. Placing a new keyframe chop worked for me :slight_smile:
animtionEditor.1.toe (6.89 KB)