How to set normals for a handmade SOP

Hi there,

I think my question is an easy one (I hope), but I can’t get it right by myself… In the file provided, I’m trying to create a cube from a line SOP.

sop-normals.toe (4.28 KB)
Basically my idea is LINE → COPY → MERGE → SKIN → EXTRUDE to create the shape.

The problem is that the cube created has weird normals, and I can’t find the proper way to set it right like a classic box for example… My normals are messed up and I don’t find the solution. I tried playing with CONVERT / ATTRIBUTE CREATE but still no luck… Is there a good approach to do this? (I know this is an unusual way to create a box, but I need it so I can deform a single face of the box by playing with the starting line.)

Thanks in advance!

I would try first to prepare the geometry in external software with relevant primitive\points groups. it will might save you the issue with the normals , i`m also , cant get proper normal alignment with your setup.

if you want to share more about what you are trying to do, people will able to give better
answers, have our tried using groups ?
single_face_example.toe (4.63 KB)

Thanks a lot for your fast answer :slight_smile:
That did the trick. After some struggle, I found a way by mixing both of your ideas. So I used a shape from Blender, imported in touch as OBJ, then played with groups to select the points I needed.
Thanks again for your help!