What is the best way to trigger a my sequences?

I am currently piecing together some animations of photos that will move across the screen at various x,y,z, positions. I have figured out how to make the image move using a rectangle geo, (with an image texture) and have the rectangle linked to 3 differnet partial-sine waves that transform into x,y,z values that cause the image to float in and out of the screen at various rates. The only problem is I need a way to trigger each photo sequence as I will be following along with a live narrator. I have a MIDI keyboard I would like to use so I can assign a different key for each photo animation I create.

The wave CHOP has no way to connect a trigger input. What can I use to trigger my animation?

you can use a count or speed CHOP, followed by a lookup CHOP with your wave CHOP in the second input

Right now the issue I have is there is multiple instances of moving objects that need to be independently triggered. When I open my env. and hit play, they all come barreling onto the screen at once. How can I set it up to trigger them one at a time, and non of them start when I just hit the bottom play button.

for now substitute the midi keyboard with a Constant CHOP or an array of Button COMPs
Simillar to a keyboard you would trigger everything manual by either clicking the button or setting the appropriate channel in the Constant CHOP to 1 and back to 0.

Would that help?
Markus

The animations play on thier own regardless of whether there is a trigger input or not. It runs as soon as you open up touch. All I am doing is using the reset input on the speed chop to restart it, but obviously that would not work if I have to load it up for a performance live.

sendspace.com/file/di48r7

Here is a download link with a JPEG image of what my Touch arrangement looks like. (Scroll to bottom of web page to download)

Perhaps that will help.

Hey,

attached is a version of your trigger/speed network that would do what you are trying to do, I believe…

The Speed CHOP will increase by 1 every second when given a channel with the value 1 in it’s first input. The second input will reset the speed if given a channel with the value of 1.

Have a look at the wiki page at derivative.ca/wiki/index.php … Speed_CHOP for a more detailed explanation.

So if you don’t want the animation to run on start up, just have a ll the channels in the Constant CHOP called “trigger” set to 1 as this will reset the speed and hold it at 0.

Hope that helps
Markus
triggerspeed.tox (766 Bytes)

Hello Markus,

Thanks for the tip on how to hold back immediate playback by connecting a constant CHOP to the reset input of the speed CHOP. I can now open my project, hit the global play button and it stays in place. Now I just need to figure out the easiest way to trigger it using my Korg NanoKontrol. So far all I can do is hit the bypass button of the constant CHOP in order to initialize the speed CHOP. I have tried various methods but to no avail. I could enlarge all my constant CHOPS and use the mouse to click the bypass buttons one by one, but I would much rather use the MIDI controller to do this. How would you do it?

Hey,

have a look here on how to get Midi going:

derivative.ca/wiki/index.php … per_Dialog

cheers
Markus

If your kontroller is the nano pad…
[url]nanoPAD map - Shared .tox Components - TouchDesigner forum

Actually I have the Korg NanoKontrol. Might get the nanoPad down the road. I like the idea of nice big buttons to hit for a live performance.

Cool, yeah the nano pad is lots of fun, it’s very responsive and feels great to tap away on. It basically gives you 124 pressure sensitive buttons and 4 x,y touchpad (4 built ‘scene’ modes mean the buttons send different midi signals). Hows the NanoKontrol?