Blending 0 to 1

Hi all,

I’m creating a projection mapping piece that’s going well so far, but one thing I’ve been having trouble with is blending one projection into the other when the projection changes.

Basically, what is happening is I’m using a Kinect’s player index channels to do user detection to change the projection mapping. When someone is detected, it shows one projection, when someone isn’t detected, it shows another. However, since the player index channel spits out either a 0 or 1 when a user is detected into a switch, so there’s no blend in between inputs. Is there a way that when the player index shoots out a 0 or 1, I can make the switch receive doubles increasing/decreasing from 1 to/from 0?

For example, a player is not detected, so the player indx is sending out 0. Then, a player is detected, so the index sends a 1, but the switch receives it as 0.1 then 0.2 then 0.3 all the way until 1, allowing for the projections to blend? Basically is there a way to numerically slow the transition from 0 to 1 and vice versa.

I’m hoping that was clear enough. Thanks in advance!

hi,

if i understand correctly :

• if you need to smooth a transition, use a Lag CHOP which can smooth a transition between two values

• what you need though, if your goal is to make a smooth fade between two images is to use the Cross TOP instead of Switch

Hello!

I was able to fix the problem by adding a filter to the output of the user index! This allowed for a gaussian blend between the 0 and 1 inputs.

Thank you :slight_smile: