Simple video fade in and out?

Hello everyone, super newbie here. After watching and googling tutorials, haven’t been able to find how to make a simple fade in/out for video. Parameters of MovieFileIn and VideoPlayer do not have fade in/out. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Hello,

There are a bunch of different ways to actually do this. I wanted to show you one way you could do this using an Info CHOP and a Trigger CHOP. Check out the file below and you can mess around with some of the trigger settings to achieve the exact effect you are going for.

There is some python in the Peak length parameter of the Trigger CHOP. It just gets the number of seconds of the “moviefilein1” file. Then you can mess with the Attack length and Decay length to get the amount (in seconds) you want the movie to fade in and out. Let me know if you got any questions and I am sure others will chime in with other more efficient ways of getting this same effect. That is one of the coolest things about Touchdesigner. Good luck.
fadeinFadeout.toe (3.63 KB)

I would use a “Logic” CHOP instead of a trigger.

The “logic” CHOP turns on only when the percentage is between the “startPercent” and “stopPercent” values.

This is then smoothed and applied to the “brightness” par of the “level” TOP.

video_fadeInOut.tox (1.55 KB)

I’ve just downloaded your Logic chop for this, many thanks, been trying to figure out how to get it to fade out of my project but just cant seem to get it to work.

I’d like the last 7 seconds to fade to black, ive dragged the .tox file in. My project is 516 seconds long.

any ideas what i need to do to get it to work for me?

The other thing i cant figure out is how to connect this to my network?

Thanks