t script why

hello, im more in the visual artist type and not much into code and this is a very basic question but i was wondering if knowing tscript is it worth it, im learning python and to bump into t script is very confusing and frustrating sometimes, i dont get why sometimes you have to use one instead of the other, i dont feel confortable using it at all… for what does its usefull? can i do advanced things without knowing it?

thank you in advance and im sorry for the dumb question haha

You shouldn’t spend any time learning tscript. We haven’t added features to it for years, and never plan to in the future. All of our scripting improvements are done for Python only.

I mainly bump into Tscript when I’m messing around inside one of the structural component clones (ie: time Comp).

I’ve occasionally had to hack around networks with lots of interwoven Tscript logic and wondered if there is some kind of ongoing project to convert legacy scripted parts over to python.

It seems like the sort of task that you’d assign to a colleague who ate your snacks without permission.

1 Like

thanks a lot, this information is very usefull, i thought to not using it but sometimes im watching some tutorial and the person use tscript instead of phyton and made me wonder if it was worth it, good to know improvements will be only for phyton :slight_smile:
and yeah it feels kind o a punishment to use it* :laughing:

Good to know - thanks Malcolm. I will try to learn a bit of python instead.