TD Controlling on/off Fan

hello everyone, im just have a problem with my project
so I want to control the fan to turn on and off following the duration of the video on the touchdesigner. any suggest what i must do ? and any tutorial for it ?
thanks before :slight_smile:

You need to be a bit more specific in your question. Which fan? Which OS?

thanks for the answer nettoyeur :slight_smile:

so I want to make an interactive video mapping installation. in the installation it describes the condition of the forest before it rains and during rain.
I want to make an interactive fan when the animation plays a rain animation the fan will turn on automatically so that people feel there is a wind that blows when it rains but when the rain animation is finished the fan will automatically turn off. the animation will be played for approximately 10 hours every day. I think touchdesigner can do that but I don’t understand how to start because I’m still a beginner and I did not find a tutorial for that. here i use windows 10 and i use wall fan.

Use an ip power strip (not exactly sure about the English name for it) and some simple python and a tcp DAT to control the fan . The exact commands depend on the ip power Strip you will get

ip power strip ? do you mean like Xiaomi Mi Smart Power Strip Plug Adapter with wifi connection ?
and can you give me step by step how to connect the ip power strip to TD because im still beginner ? thanks for helping :slight_smile:

If you read this very recent thread you’ll see many different models of IP power switch/relay which Achim suggested above… Most are around 30$, find one which supports Python so you can control it supereasy from TD. Refer to the manual of the device you’ll buy for it’s specific instructions, it should be pretty easy.

[looking for a simple relay controller)

We’re using these
gude.info/en/power-distribu … eries.html

I haven’t developed the interface , you will have to read documentation or as idz said, find one that has python support

Just tested. Works fine
github.com/gudeads/port.py