More than 1 attractor for a particle system?

Hey all, I’m using a Kinect to create values that will be used for an attractor for a particle system. Everything’s working great so far, I’m just wondering if there’s a way to have multiple attractors for one particle system? There’s only one input for the attractor on the particle SOP but maybe there’s a work-around? I want multiple people to be able to interact with the particles simultaneously.

Not sure about the best method for the attractor but you can use multiples forces in the force input with a radial force toward the center (a kind of attractor…)

metaball → force → transformsop → mergesop → particleSOP’s force input

You can also use a Merge SOP to merge multiple SOPs to feed into any SOP input.
Cheers,
Rob.

I have no clue how to control attraction effect (with surface attractor), please share if you manage to make something reactive with that.

The best I managed is have them snailing toward the surface at their own pace. + there’s no examples in the op snippets :frowning:

Have you tried adjusting ‘Surface Attraction’ at the end of the Particles page?

There should be an OPSnippets example coming soon.

Cheers,
Rob.

here’s already a basic example using 3 moving attractors on the particle SOP
attractors.gif
3_attractors_particle_sop.tox (3.34 KB)

1 Like

That’s cool.
Here’s a simple example using Surface Attractors (particles attracted to surface).
surface_attractor.tox (1.29 KB)

1 Like

All of these solutions work pretty well! thanks everyone.

would it be possible to down load the file :smiley: ?
cheers

Hi verflixtfelix,

Welcome to the forum.
The attached *.tox files you see in messages above are files you can download and drag into touchdesigner to run them.

1 Like

hello nettoyeur
thank you very much for the reply!