channel at value of triggered channel

Hola~

I have two channels (A and B). I want a channel that has B’s values when the value of A crosses a value. It seems like the copy or trigger chop would do this, but I’m not getting any love from them. Both want to create a channel with the same sample count and density as one of the inputs. I need a sparse channel that I can pass into a limit.

Is there a way to do that?

MO

Hola~

I ended up moving the channel data into dats, then mucking with them in dats, moving that data to SOPs so I could use delete. It’s really cool how Touch lets you move data between the different subsystems.

Couple of things that would make things simpler:

- I needed to rename the columns of data for the DAT->SOP conversion. It would be great if there was a way to rename a column and row as a first class DAT op. I ended up using Evaluate, which runs over the whole table, but only changes columns names.
- Be great if the DATto SOP op would allow the user to specify the input point position column number or name.
- Be great if DATto SOP could create a particle system or a set of points without a prim without generating an error.
- A delete DAT would be great, that could remove rows or cols.

MO

Hey,

did you also try the Hold CHOP?

cheers
Markus

If I’ve understood you rightly…

in CHOPs youcound use a logic chop to give you a 1 when inside the value range and 0 when not.

This could then control a Switch CHOP (as index input).

then you could have a default value in a constant CHOP and switch between the two.

A lag CHOP between the logic CHOP and the Switch CHOP’s index input can make the values interpolate so they fade instead of switch.

cheers,
Rod.

DAT to SOP should let you create a set of points without a prim. what error are you getting?