RealSense Point Cloud strange result

Hi!

I have tried the this example with my d435 camera.

RealSensePointCloud_fix.toe (7.74 KB)

The scene looks weird as compared to how it looks in the RealSense viewer. Has anyone experienced the same strange results?

I’m new to TD and GLSL programming but , I noticed the RealSensePointCloud_fix.toe is a few years old, has there been changes made to the SDK or TD that need to be updated in the shader code?

Would be great if someone could shara a working RealSense point cloud example or point me in the right direction to make it work.

Best Regards

Martin

Hi again,

After a little bit of tinkering with the realsense nodes the suddenly the results looked normal (ie. a readable pointcloud).

Any change of the parameters in the realsense nodes causes everything to go weird again.

Luckily I discovered that switch from “Multi platform API” to “Windows SDK” and back to “Multi platform API” seems to resets everything to a working state again.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Best Regards

Martin

Hey Martin did you ever figure out how to get the point cloud looking correct with the D435i? I’m using the same point cloud example and it seems that the resolution discrepancies was causing issues and setting everything to 1280x720 seems to work pretty well except for the point cloud displacement is funky, and the texturing seems to be flipped in the Y. Did you encounter a similar problem?

Hi @k.anti
Now I’m in the same trouble.Have you solved this problem?
Otherwise does anyone have solution?

I doesn’t own a real sense, but have you tried it with the 20020 version of TD where you can instance object directly with your point cloud Top?

I’ve tried on the latest version TD, but the result is same.
To tell the detail, the texture is mapped appropriately, but the point cloud is flipped in Y axis.

Ok but if you watch the supreme Markus tutorial about Napoleon dissolved by GLSL, you will find the easy solution to flip axis. One simple one is to use reorder TOP to flip axis and math top to scale and center geometry.

1 Like

I ended up flipping it in the shader code. My friend is much better at GLSL than I so she made that change, I believe it was flipping a value in there, I’d have to check again. That, and I also did some other tricks to make the point cloud data more useable. I combined the point cloud geo with another black plane geo to create a clipping mask of sorts. Then I used feedbackCOMP from the palette to smooth out any of the differences since I was using this point cloud for blob tracking the shape of person doesn’t have to be recognizable.

@jacqueshoepffner @k.anti
Thanks a lot for your advice!
For the moment, I’ve got a perfect result to connect RealSense color TOP to flip TOP. And I’ll check Markus’s workshop movie. This is good chance to learn more about GLSL for me :slight_smile: