configure editor for table dat?

Hola~

Is there a way to configure the editor spawned by the table dat edit button? It would be great if there was an env var or preference option to set this.

MO

You can assign the path of the .exe you want to use as your editor using env vars.

$TOUCH_EDITOR will be used for Text DATs
$TOUCH_TABLE_EDITOR will be used Table DATs

Perfect. Thanks.

MO

any suggestions on how to get editors to highlight text for different kinds of text DATs?

for example, I’d really like to use GLSL highlighting when writing shaders but use T-script highlighting (okay I have not made a highlighter yet but soon…) for scripts.

The dats always use a .txt extension but I guess that something like Vim could be persuaded to look for the string #tscript or #glsl in the script to switch highlighting but I have not found a way to do it yet.

Hola~

If you use vim, you can embed the vim commands into the comments. You add something like:

/**

• vim: set filetype=glsl
    */

and vim will parse the vim: bits on startup after parsing the .vimrc and syntax files. If you type:

:help vim:

it will bring you to the help for the command.

MO

thanks for that. I’ll try it out! I’m using the cream environment for vim that makes it easier for woosies like me to handle but still have access to the evil stuff it can do.

rod.

Hey Rod, I’ve used vim for years but was recently turned on to Notepad++ by Jarrett and I really like it. Mainly, I like the syntax coloring for tscript! I’ve attached a zipped folder with all the files you need to turn Notepad++ into a competent editor for Touch. Just unzip it and replace the Notepad++ user settings folder. This is found on Vista and Win7 here:

C:/Users/yourusername/AppData/Roaming/Notepad++

Notepad++.zip (30 KB)

hey ben, you forgot the zip

haha, thanks! there it is ^

thanks Ben!

It looks like in winXP, the files should go in here…

C:\Documents and Settings<username>\Application Data\Notepad++

Rod.

I’m just getting back into editing with notepad++ (lovely editor by the way)

Is there any trick for switching between GLSL and TScript highlighting?

maybe something like suggested above for Vim?

haven’t figured much out about how notepad++ can pick up instructions form the script itself yet.

Rod.