Audio Pitch

Hello,
a Two questions:

1. For some reasons I can’t found working solution for audio pitch process in Touch.
    In Parametric EQ Chop / Pitch Tab - Pitch toggle is locked :frowning:.
    With Pitch Chop there is no sound produced.
    It is a simple setup: Audio Stream Chop → Parametric EQ (or Pitch) Chop → Audio Out.
    What I doing wrong ?

2. Audio Stream Chop is triggered by expression to play specified index. There is a delay in sound playing between trigger point and sound play. Changing values in Audio Out - [min/max/queue] makes things better but noise start to appear in sound. If values are small enough from delay point of view, then noise is coming, when are good for sound quality (no noise) then delay is too big.
    Is there any solution for this situation ?

Thank You.
Raf

hallo ;]
Can some one from Touch Team answer me pleas. I build some kind of “music instrument” prototype using Touch FTE and audio pitch is important part of this project.
Thanks.

Hey Raf,

to enable the Pitch Adjust in the Parametric EQ CHOP you have to turn of the Timeslice flag on the Common Page. You can try how it works for you but I would say it’s currently pretty much broken. :frowning:

The Pitch CHOP actually only returns frequency and volume for the incoming channel. I changed the wiki help page on that.

Would it help your setup if you use the Sequencial play mode and only change the Cue Point Parameter instead of the Index parameter when triggering the playback?

cheers
Markus

Markus,
Thanks for reply.
You have a right, pitch in ParametricEQ is not working well, so I will use sounds “pitched” out of Touch.
In the case of Cue Point/Index I need to play with that a little longer. I will back soon with answer.

cheers
Raf

HI Raf,

don’t forget that Touch can send and receive MIDI and OSC messages, so you could do your audio processing in, say, PureData, Max/MSP or Reaktor etc. and control it with Touch using th einterface and graphics you make there. I use Touch with PD a lot because I found that touch is still a bit flakey with sound beyond simply triggering and panning/fading of samples and timing of midi is not tight for me so far.

however, it’s possible to do wild sound stuff with touch alone. I just prefer a dedicated sound program to do more demanding stuff.

Rod.

hey rod, I want to create a bandpass filter in pd. I want to be able to take audio in, split it into 4, 8 or 16 different channels according to frequency and output the channels to Touch via OSC.
I’ve not used puredata or OSC before and I’m feeling a bit lost! Can you help? Any useful tut’s or patches you’ve stumbled across?

I’ve found a lot of useful sound patches for pd if anyone else is new to pd and thinking of using it for managing the audio input in the same way I am… They’re installed with pd in program files/pd/docs/sound. I know it seems obvious but I didn’t know about it until I’d stumbled across it so I thought I’d share my find. I’ll post my patch up here once it’s built.

did you find something that you could use?

there’s a nice imitation of an old lowpass resonant filter like in ancient analog synths in the example called H05.filter.floyd.pd prob. not what you’re looking for but rather fun if you were feeling dark-side-of-the-moonish.
r.