dat time and playback time

Hola~

I have a bunch of syncronized data that comes in thru table dats. I then convert that data over to channels, and do a bunch of work on them.

Currently, all of the “DAT to” nodes correlate Touch’s idea of the current frame with a lookup into the channel data. I would like to adjust how Touch looks up time in the dat on the fly. Is that possible? Ideally, I could use a curve or parameter to determine the lookup.

I’d like to not have to do a bunch of channel operations on the data leaving the DAT to’s, because that seems really inefficeient, and I have to tweak a bunch of them.

Thanks.

MO

Could you clarify what you mean by “Currently, all of the “DAT to” nodes correlate Touch’s idea of the current frame with a lookup into the channel data.” The DAT To CHOPs simply convert that DAT data into channels, could you explain how you currently lookup into the channel data?

The easiest way to control the lookup is to use 2 more CHOPs, a Lookup CHOP and a Constant CHOP. Connect the output of the DAT to directly to the second input of the Lookup CHOP, then connect the Constant CHOP to the first input. Use the channel in the Constant CHOP to lookup into the channel data using a 0-1 range. You can also create multiple channels in the Constant CHOP and use each channel to individually lookup into multiple channels in the DAT to CHOP. This give you full control over the lookup and is very fast.

Hola~

Thanks. I’ll start adding those OPs to the DAT chains.

MO