no audio

Hi all,
I’ve built a new PC for use with Touch and have installed the latest build.
When I place an audio in CHOP it fails to pick up any audio. I attached an external sound card (M-Audio FW 410) incase it was a problem with the internal card but still nothing.
Can anyone help?
Cheers T

Hi TP,

What’s your set up like?

Are you trying to play an audio file on your drive? Get an audioplay CHOP, hook in a keyboard CHOP to it’s first input, then hit ‘1’ on your keyboard and you should hear something. If not, check to see that your device is selected in the audioplay CHOP parameters.

Or are you trying to bring in a guitar input or something? You’d use an audioin CHOP for that and just make sure your Device is set in parameters

never tried this, but you might need to activate your recording inputs in the windows volume control application, i.e.
start/control panel/Sounds and audio devices/advanced/options menu/properties

You should be able to select your device in the Device parameter of the Audion In CHOP. If you can’t see it there something needs to be adjusted with the Windows Sounds and Audio Devices dialog in the Control Panel.

Also, your device needs to be a DirectSound device, TouchDesigner does not support ASIO.

ugh stuck. Only Direct Sound cards? We are looking at some external interfaces from Focusrite. Specifically the Sapphire 24 focusrite.com/products/saffi … ro_24_dsp/
or the Pro 40 focusrite.com/products/saffi … re_pro_40/

Would like to take advantage of 5.1 from within touch.

Impossible? Recommendations for something else? Will be installed in a museum setting so needs to be rugged.

Thanks for any assistance

We use the Edirol FA-101 for our installations.

rolandus.com/products/produc … ductId=702

I couldn’t see a linux driver on the roland site for the FA-101… Is anyone using this card with linux successfully? The annoying thing about my 410 is there are no Linux drivers available. I’m definitely interested in switching to the Edirol if you guys recommend it but don’t ant to make the same mistake again!

I tried one of the maudio usb - 8 in/out boxes and could send sound form touch to each channel separately. not sure of th emodel now though.

Hey, sorry, I didn’t answer the previous questions…
I’m using the maudio 410 with windows vista.
I have 8 outputs and I’m plugged into 1 and 2 for stereo sound. I wanted touch to pickup the audio I was outputting to 1 and 2 but it wasn’t. I’ve since inserted a splitter which takes the audio from output 1 and directs it into input 1 so now I have mono audio input which Touch can see with no problems.
I guess I was being lazy in the first place - I’m not a music creator so any audio I am working with during a show will be coming in via the inputs anyway so I should have emulated this setup in the first place using the splitter. For now the mono input is fine.
Now my problem lies with the Maudio firewire 410 which is tempramental to say the least. Even just playing sound is a nightmare - itunes doesn’t work with it, nor foobar or lastfm. Spotify works on occasion but after a whicle the sound becomes garbled and fuzzy. Maudio are offering no help at all! Plus I can’t find linux drivers so when I use ubuntu I have no sound at all - most people are saying the 410 wont work with ubuntu because of a boot problem. Sad times! I think it’s time to move on and invest in another card, so the Edirol FA101 looks tempting. I’ve seen people talking about a freebob driver for it but if anyone here uses linux and confirm it works I’d be much happier buying it!

SOLVED.
ASUS replaced the motherboard (again)
I upgraded to Edirol FA101.
Installed Windows 7.
Works a treat now :slight_smile: