TouchOSC + TouchDesigner Pairing

Hello,

Am currently trying to connect TouchOSC for Android to TouchDesigner 99 using the OSC In CHOP. I am using Windows 10 and a OpenWrt router.

All the tutorials make it looks so easy, just find the IP and select the right port. But despite turning off Windows Firewall, it still refuses to see TouchDesigner as an active Host.

Is there some router configuration for OpenWrt or TouchDesigner that I have to do in advance? I have devices across the network capable of seeing each other, this seems to be the odd one out.

Thank you for any help in advance.

Yes if you’re using wifi you’ll usually need to manually open the specific ports you want to use for OSC in the admin panel of your wifi-router, between the ip-addresses that you are using.
Consult the manual of your router how to do that.

1 Like

Thank you.

I am just unaware that I needed to open ports across the internal LAN. OpenWrt has a lot of tutorials about port forwarding between WAN and LAN, but nothing about needing to open internal ports between devices on the same network, so I assumed there was no internal firewall.

Well, unless TouchDesigner specifically needs to be configure to access the network, I guess this is a better question for the OpenWrt community.

Still, thank you for the confirmation.

For anyone running into the same issue: TouchOSC required TouchBridge be installed on the computer. Didn’t need to be running or configured, just installed.

1 Like

Thanks for posting an update.
Strangely enough I have never installed TouchBridge before, and have used TouchOSC on ipad or android devices over a wifi router to my laptop many times over the years. (but always had to open the osc ports on every wifi router)
My best guess is if you send messages to the TouchBridge app, TouchOSC changes it’s OSC traffic over whatever port you specified into a websocket over port80 which is always open on any router.

1 Like