Domain warping

Hi,

Looking at this article about warping a noise around itself [url]http://www.iquilezles.org/www/articles/warp/warp.htm[/url] (many other fantastic resources from him btw)

Could someone confirm his
f(p) = fbm( p + fbm( p + fbm( p )) )

is no more than what the displace node does?

So, in theory, should I not be able to get similar results with noise TOPs, displace TOPs, ramp TOP and remap TOP?

Hmm I’m not sure about that, but would be fun to try!
It’s also cool to experiment by using the output of a Noise TOP as the second input (=noise coordinate map) of another Noise TOP, which gives interesting results.
But if you want to have exactly ignacio’s result, just put his code in a GLSL TOP and experiment by changing it: shadertoy.com/view/4s23zz

and here’s a tutorial to answer many questions about how to import shadertoy shaders into TD: nvoid.gitbooks.io/introduction- … ertoy.html

Ahhh he has tons of shaders on shadertoy!! Ok, I guess it will be a good occasion to dive a bit more into glsl top (I was secretly hoping that touchdesigner’s nodes would always be enough for me).

Not that I particularily need to recreate the same effect, (that should only be a starting point, but I feel it becomes difficult to make something original out of those cloudy effects) but indeed I don’t find what I can achieve with noise & displace as interesting…

Thank you very much for answering!!