DMX mapping and multiple universes

I’m still trying to get to grips with DMX implementation and I’ve hit a bit of a wall.
In the attached file I’ve got a render set up that looks exactly like how my LED strips are set up. They’re addressed top to bottom left to right in sequence (no spacing).
I can’t seem to find any combination of shuffles and CHOPs/DATs/DMX Out Setting that will get my leds to look like the render. In fact I’m struggling to even get them on, to be honest, and when they are on, I’m not exactly sure how I got there. (Obvisouly I’ve been looking over the wiki etc, but it isn’t really helping)

Could anyone offer a hand on how to get this going? I feel like all the parts are there (thanks, Matthew Ragan!) I just can’t get the DMX to work.

Also, this is a mini mockup of what will (hopefully!) be a 3D pixel mapping set-up with ~48 times more pixels (between 30 and 40 universes if we did a straight run but fixture limitation may mean 1 universe per bar = many many seperate universes). This obviously runs into multiple universes. Is there a good streamlined approach for dealing with complex, multi-universe addressing?

Thanks for any help!
gsign.toe (5.38 KB)

Check out this modified version of your scene. I think you were just missing a couple shuffle chops.

I also made a variation of your image to pixel converter called ‘instances2’ that uses a slightly different method. This tends to be a little faster since it utilizes a remap top to do the actual color lookup for each pixel.

Looks like you also need to set your dmxout format parameter to be “Packet Per Channel”
gsign.7.toe (6.36 KB)

This got me a lot further on. Thank you!