Multiple inputs to the same TOP?

Hi there!

Please forgive me this complete beginner if she has missed some really sacred piece of TD knowledge in asking this question…

How would one configure multiple inputs to the same TOP?

I’m making use of the sample replicator in the snippets file (thanks TD!!!), which generates a movie file in for every image in a folder. I’ve figured out how to composite all the images together using the composite TOP. However, I’d like to run each image through a level TOP to make it slightly transparent before it is composited. Because I am tether shooting images to this folder, manually creating level TOPs is not an option.

I’m not sure as to how to make this happen. Would this be a case of modifying the replicator so that it generates a level TOP for every additional image, or configuring a single level TOP to take in all the images, or something else?

I hope my question makes sense. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks in advance!

Hi revitmasksmesad,

The level TOP is a single input TOP, so sadly you can’t just plug-in multiple TOPs to this operator. You could, however set up a replicator network that used a base instead of a single movie file in TOP.

Take a look here for how you might approach that kind of process:
base_repliactor_example.tox (1.72 KB)

AHHH using a base was exactly what I needed! I didn’t see base listed in the snippets, and I was trying for so long to wrestle with containers… this opens up so many possibilities!

You are an absolute MVP, thank you so so much!! :smiley: