GLSL TOP feedback from previous frame

Hi,

I have a GLSL TOP that renders an image, I’d like to use the rendered image as a input to the same GLSL TOP in the next frame. Like in a Feedback TOP.

I’ve tired:

GLSL → Cache → Cache Select → GLSL (loop)
GLSL → Cache → Cache Select → Feedback → GLSL (loop)

And still I get the loop error. Is this possible to pass the frame this way?

If I understand what you’re trying to do correctly, you only need a Null TOP and a Feedback TOP.

So that’d be GLSL TOP → Null TOP → Feedback TOP-> (repeat)

Check out the ParticlesGPU example in the Palette for this on a large scale.

Right, the Feedback TOP is working here, before I’ve forgot to set “target” parameter in it.

I’m still getting loop warning though, can I ignore it?

Here’s an example of my solution.
glsl_feedback.toe (4.4 KB)

Use the Passes parameter under the Common tab of the GLSL TOP to set the number of times the shader has to run, using the output of its previous run as its input.

in your code use the uniform int uTDPass to see in what pass you currently are.(starts at 0 and counts up)

Passes will run the shader multiple times in a single frame (passing the output texture).

What I want is to have a texture that will be continuously passed through the GLSL TOP on each frame. E.g. on each frame I’ll draw a single dot in random place on the same canvas (see my example from above post).

ah yes, sorry I misunderstood the question.

To get older frames the Cache TOP is also handy. Set it to active, cache size to something bigger than 1, and set its output frame to -1 to get the previous frame. It will still give you a cook dependency warning though, but I’d say you can ignore that.