FIXED: Perform Window Aspect

Hi there,

I am a little confused on how this should work:

I have a windowCOMP with its Operator parameter pointing to a containerCOMP.
This is my perform window and I would like to resize it unconstrained with no fixed aspect.
I tried a few things, but it always scales while keeping the aspect.

When I open the window as a separate window and put the “floating viewer aspect” parameter of the container to “unconstrained” it works, but when I switch to perform mode, it goes back to a fixed aspect.

On the containerCOMP I set the “Size from Window” parameter to on and “Fixed Aspect” to off.

Does anyone know, how I can get this to work?

Cheers, David

PS: Using build 2018.25850 on Windows 10.

A couple of things
a) does it work when you open a floating viewer of the container directly?

b) Are you reopening the Window COMP each time you change the settings. The Window will sometimes need to be re-created for the new settings to take effect. Of course this happens as well on startup so its probably not the case here, but just making sure.

Since there are so many parameters in the Container and Window COMPs, we really need an example file to check out your setup for you.

Hi Ben,

to answer your questions: a) yes, b) yes

I made a simple example. It opens two windows, window1 is the perform window and window2 is opened as a separate window on start. The perform window just scales in both axes, while the second window scales unconstrained. The settings on both windowCOMPs and containerCOMPs are identical.

Thank you for having a look.

Cheers, David
win aspect test.toe (3.89 KB)

Thanks for the example, we’re having a look.

This will now be fixed in builds 2018.26380 or later.

Thanks Rob :smiley: