Wall displacement

Hi all !

I have been scratching the surface of touchdesigner to use it together with kinect cameras for different interactive video installations and had a lot of fun doing so , but for my next installation i want to step up my game in touchdesigner and i am bit stuck where to start with

Basically i will be projecting onto a brick wall , and i would like to have a Z displacement on the bricks according to where my players silhouette is .
When the player moves left to right before the sensors , the bricks should “pop” forward , tracing it’s silhouette in a lego style fashion.

I’ve been searching tutorials and topics high and low , especially this one of Matthew helped me out a lot to understand how to convert my kinect image into Z displacement. matthewragan.com/2014/04/27/ins … hdesigner/

I also followed another topic here on the forum how to make a grid of boxes , that works too.

It’s combining these 2 parts i just don’t grasp.

Also it would be much easier for me if i could model the wall in C4D and use this 3D object to be displaced by the kinect silhouette , is this possible ?

If anybody can tell me where to start searching / what still to learn to would be greatly appreciated !