Reactive Geometry Parameters

Hello, I’m a student and very new to Touchdesigner. I’ve been watching a variety of tutorials and putting together a small audio visualization project using some 3D objects / geometry components.

I’ve learned various ways to control, filter, and express the audio information, but there are some finer points I’m missing when it comes to linking that information to a given geometry parameter.
Presently, I’m trying to make the scale of a 3D object react to audio. Is there an ideal CHOP workflow audio to be expressed for scale information? How do appropriately link that information to my object?

Appreciate your time and a point in the right direction.

-M

Hi mcgurkster,

For reactive geometry your best bet is usually to think about using instances - especially if you want to control lots of geometry. If you haven’t checked out the best of the best vids yet there are some good references there:

derivative.ca/Education/Best … Videos088/

If you have an example file to share folks here will almost always give you a little nudge in the right direction as well.

Thanks raganmd, appreciate your response. Started to connect all the dots with Instancing & Rendering Techniques Part Three. Lots of subtle info to digest. Fun and challenging all in the same.