Matthew Ragan Tutotrials

I am relatively new to TouchDesigner, I am starting to get it, and from a lot of persons I heard that Matthew Ragan tutorials were the best.

Only problem is I don’t quite understand the line up of those;

for example the Open Viewer tutorial:

matthewragan.com/2015/03/29/ame … hdesigner/

Do i have to improvise the container with buttons and sliders, was it a previous tutorial to make it?

I am not quite sure of what is the path here?

Hi GM1986, Matthew here.

That set of tutorials comes out of a face-to-face course that was taught at Arizona State University several years ago. The tutorials capture the lectures / demos from the course. These are really just supplementary for the material from class, which is where there are some gaps.

This particular tut is just looking at how to open a floating viewer - so the control panel being used isn’t actually that important - rather it’s to demonstrate that you can open a floating viewer out of any container.

If you’re looking for some complete workshop series videos that go from start to end, you might look at:

beignner: matthewragan.com/touchdesigner- … yale-2017/
advanced: matthewragan.com/make-some-nois … hdesigner/

There’s another set coming from a recent workshop in Mexico - as soon as I have time to record them. :slight_smile:

Does that help clarify what you’re seeing here?

by the way,

your tutorials are really really great!

i sometimes just watch them with a coffee to get calm and inspired!

these things sometimes are what drives me anywhere :sunglasses:

cheers

Hello GM1986,
those persons who recommended Matthew Ragan tutorials definitely put you on the right track.

Matthew’s tutorials are great.
Occasionally you will find a tutorial that does not stand alone, but the majority of them approach a single topic from beginning.

I would suggest to look up the tutorials you are interested, but also take some time to look up all of them, one by one from the first one onward.