cueing a movie whenever a replicator spawns a new node

Hello all,

I am having trouble cuing an animation when replicating whenever a blob is detected. The animation is held at the end of the clip. I have put my blobs in a table and the replicator creates new nodes whenever a new blob enters the screen. What I want to accomplish is that the animation starts when a new replicator node is created. Currently whenever a new node is created whenever there is a new entry in the table the movie is started wherever it is in the animation.

Attached is the .toe. Great help is appreciated!

p.s. you can replace the movie file in node with a different or default touchdesigner .mov clip

Thanks!
blobTrack.toe (4.97 KB)

Couple of things to consider here:

Creating nodes on the fly like this is not usually the recommended approach for using the replicator COMP. Best case you’re fighting with issues like this, worst case you’ll experience stutters and hangs in your project.

What’s going on - your master component has it’s background TOP parameter set to container1/out1. This means that all of your replicants will also look at the same TOP inside of container1.

If you don’t want to refactor, you can change this to a relative path like ./out1 so each new replicant will look for the TOP inside of itself rather than the TOP in container1. Doing this looks like it creates the results you’re after.

The other approach would be to think about how to set up a stash of videos that you can cue up to play or play back from cached memory when new blobs appear. That’s a little more work, but if your network starts to slow down it might be something you want to chase.

Thanks Matthew. Will change the path so that I can check it out. Definitely a quick and dirty way of doing things.