Cant fix instances

hello forum!
please , can someone help me to fix my instances.

i want to have a sphere instanced with smaller spheres inside with random positions. But i’m having a strange pancake shape instead. I see that something with channels and samples but can’t figure out how to fix this.

attention: high poly sphere inside.

ps. why this patch is so heavy, because of the sphere?
sphereinst1.toe (7.22 MB)

Hey Alex, you’re replace approach here is a little off. Each replace CHOP is replacing a single channel, but when you merge them all together you’re ending up with 9 channels instead of 3. You could instead merge your channels before replacing, but that still won’t give you the result you’re after - I don’t think.

Instead, I think you want to generate a set of random points, then delete these points based on their distance from the center - this is an easy calculation for a sphere. Take a look at the example and notes in the instances base to see how we create a random set of points, compute the length (this is our distance from the center), rename this to “dist” then delete our xyz instance samples based on how far away from the center they are.
dist_for_instannce.tox (7.22 MB)

thank you very much! that’s was very helpfull! never used Math CHOP in that way.