Phong MAT Alpha channel issues

I’m working on 3d content in which I’m using the alpha channel for some transparency. Few times when I started the file I noticed weird issues (in general in the Phong MAT but same thing also happened with some custom GLSL MATs and Point Sprite). It’s a bit hard to explain or reproduce it…

I’ve got texture3d for color map (using instancies with different IDs) and Blending(Transparency) is On. Yesterday I’m sure that everything looked correct (alpha was 0), today when I open the project the alpha is just black (no transparency). That happened few times already, without a reason or a change.

Sometimes that get fixed if I just create a new Phong with the same color map+blending and apply it as a material. But that doesn’t make sense - it’s basically the same Phong, somehow it just refreshes the alpha.

Using 099 Official build 2017.16620 on Windows 10, Nvidia GTX 980, latest drivers.

Really frustrating, hopefully you’ll tell me why that’s happening. Thanks!

Hey, I assume you aren’t setting your draw order. Have you checked out this article?

derivative.ca/wiki099/index … ansparency

Thank Malcolm, I guess I checked it years ago and forgot now :unamused:

Also looks like somehow I forgot the obvious thing to turn on Alpha to Coverage parameter in Render.

Sorry to report that as a Bug, please move it in Beginner category :confused:

All good now, cheers :mrgreen: