Installing Official Build and Experimental Build

Hi folks,

I did a search, and didn’t find a solution to this.

Basically, I am trying to install the Official Build AND the Exp build on the same machine. Windows 10 machine. I tried to install the exp build in a diff directory and all that, however, during installation, it still uninstalls the already installed version.

So, my question is how can I prevent the installer from uninstalling the previous version?

I tried this with the installers for the latest Official Build and the Exp build.

Thank you!

Ok. Just figured it out, I will leave this here in case anybody else wonders the same thing.

I installed the experimental version first, then I renamed the installed directory to something else, which would actually prevent the uninstalling by the new installer.

I then installed the Official Version.

And everything seems ok so far.

By installing in this order, when you double click, the toe file will open with the official release.

EDIT: the current approach is:
please use the /extract option as described on wiki page Installing Multiple Builds At Once

Then create shortcuts to each TD version on your desktop.

Then in Explorer go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo and copy your two new TD desktop shortcuts here. I rename them to start with an underscore, so they appear in the top of your Send To: contextmenu.

So now you can rightclick any .toe file and say Send To: TD Experimental, or Send To: TD Stable.

1 Like

Thank you very much! P

Whoah. Thank you for the send to tip!

you must include the path so

C:\Users\User\Downloads\td.xxx.xxx.exe /extract