Urgent! Is it possible...

Hello! Still very new to all of this. I am trying to affect the pacing of a video I’m uploading in through TOP Movie File In. I want sensor data to take the speed of the film down but I am having difficulty figuring out if the bridging component would be TOP or CHOP (like lag or speed?) and then how to get TOP to talk to CHOP.
Thank you for any insight!! :slight_smile:

Set your moviefilein TOP playmode to Specify Index.
Feed the index par with a speed CHOP and modulate that with your sensor data.

Also, drop an Info CHOP on your moviefilein TOP and you’ll have all sorts of useful values for setting up your play limits and base frame rate and such.

Hello!! Thank you so much for answering me back. I tried the speed but am wondering if lag might be a better suited component? Since I am trying to take down the speed of a video that I will putting in. I am also getting stuck with this kind of screen and the video is no longer viewable.
I apologize that these questions are so basic, I’m trying to learn this on my own and I’m not very naturally adept! So I appreciate the patience.

For testing and learning, setup a constant CHOP, feeding the Speed CHOP input #1.
Export your Speed CHOP channel to the moviefilein index par.
Move the constant around and you’ll see how it works.
Then replace the constant with your processed sensor data, which would end up being your live frame rate.

Hi Dan! Through some fiddling around, I have now got it so that the sensor data, through Lag CHOP, quickens the pace of the video clip. These are the settings in the photo attached. Though how I would reverse this, and have it slow down the pace of the video, is my question. Would it lie within the setting of Lag, Movie File In, or both?
Thanks!

I think you might be getting hung up on the name of the Lag chop… You may need to have your video ‘lag’ but it’s not necessarily the Lag CHOP that should do it directly.

Did you try to put together the chain I previously suggested?

[url]Dropbox - TD_Forum.jpg - Simplify your life

Hi ramonacaprariu, welcome to the forum.
Can you please change the title of this forum thread to a summary of your question?
So something like “how to control speed of Movie File In TOP with a CHOP” instead of “is it possible…”. That would make it easier for people searching this forum in the future.

You can do this by using the Edit button next to your first post - thanks!