Switching between export data?

Say I have a model with an applied texture, “white”
is there a way I can switch between this white texture and a black texture I have made.

later on I would like to be able to input a midi controller and switch between the various textures I have made for the object. (and other effects for this matter, but I will start with just textures)

many thanks!,

L

here’s an example
switch.toe (2.98 KB)
A: in the manual_Switch CHOP change the channel value from 0 to 1 …
B: connect the null2 CHOP to the null CHOP named “switch” and click the button1
C: get your MIDI data into CHOPs and connect it to the null CHOP named “switch” …

Note that the “renameFor_Export” CHOP encodes the export target in the channel name
(switch1:index means export to the “index” parameter of the node named “switch1” )

Hope this gets you started

Thanks man much appreciated, il get on trying that straight away!

f**k I love this program so much <3

Thanks, this is working great so far,

I wonder if you know a trick to switch between the actual MAT textures (phong) etc

just because here I really like the "blending (transparency) effect in the common parameters
any ideas?
heres a screen shot

not really sure what you want to achieve. Do you want to switch between blending on/off? Then you just need to export a CHOP channel to the blending parameter (0 == off; 1 == on).
You can also export to menus where 0 == first entry, 1 == 2nd entry, …

yeah thats what I want to do,

stupid question but how do i export the chop channel to the blending parameter without dragging and dropping it to the little tick, seeing as that doesn’t work?

cheers’n

drag an drop seems to work fine. But you can also name the channel “phong1:blending” (I did something like this in the previous example in the “renameFor_Export” CHOP)

really sorry but would you mind sending an example .toe ?

neither dragging, or naming the channel seems to be working…

sorry again

thanks

no worries. Notes are in the file.
blendingExport.toe (2.45 KB)

cheers man, much appreciated

yeah the top one works, but when I try and do it my self when i hover my mouse it never turns orange =/
anything I might have turned off?

dont worry, I can do it through the chop exporter
thanks for your help :slight_smile:

sounds like your tile viewer isn’t active (it should though as I enabled it in the file I saved). Try clicking the + in the lower right corner of the node and see if it works then

Thanks for this Achim. Solved my problem also.

Is there a way to switch between chop outputs as opposed to inputs?

no, but technically this is the same, as the output changes when the input switches. what do you wanna achieve?

Ok, lets say I have one slider and one button. I want the slider to affect multiple nodes but only one node at a time and I want to toggle the scope of the slider’s output using the button.

Ah don’t worry I managed to solve it using expressions.