wobbling shader

hello all !

i am quite a noob in the shader world and as such, i am trying to achieve small things as a starter.

i am trying to make some kind of fire effect and, well, it shurely is not the best way to do it, but hey, i am quite happy with what i ended up :slight_smile:

now i want to add some wobbling effect to make it a bit more ā€œaliveā€ but while i imagine i can use a sine function to modify the UV (maybe i am wrong) i donā€™t know how to achieve this.

Any help appreciated !

see tox file attached

thanks
fireShader.tox (1.44 KB)

Use the transform y and z parameters on an RGB noise TOP wired into a displace TOP for a nice effect.

twitter.com/timseverien/status/ ā€¦ 3960189960

hi !

Thanks a lot for the link and the TOP solution i hadnā€™t think about. WIll try it !

I am still looking for a shader style solution though as it is my first intent and wish to learn how to do it.

Thanks a lot

Hi there gallo,

You could use something like this:

vec2 uv = vUV.st; float amplitude = 0.2; float frequency = 5.0; uv.x += sin(uv.y*frequency)*amplitude;

Then the result ā€˜uvā€™ vector you can use to sample the noise texture like youā€™re doing now:

vec4 noise = texture(sTD2DInputs[0], uv);

Cheers,
Tim

hey !

thanks a lot, that seem to work fine. Not as fine i would like it to, but i think this is a matter of tweaking things here and there.

Here is a link i just found : twitter.com/ciaccodavide/status ā€¦ 2634472448
I think it is pretty nice :slight_smile:

thanks a lot for your help